Dual Diagnosis Specialist
Title: Dual Diagnosis Specialist
Salary Range: $32,500-$33,500
Job Classification: Full-time
Job Location: SW Portland, OR
New Avenues for Youth, one of Portland’s leading providers of innovative programs to homeless and at-risk youth, is seeking a Dual Diagnosis Specialist to provide assessment, referrals and treatment connection supports to young adults between the ages of 18-25 dealing with substance abuse and mental health issues.
The Dual Diagnosis Specialist works as a part of the ROSE Team which is a collaborative effort of the Multnomah County Homeless Youth Services Continuum to support youth in building recovery and gaining the resources and treatment necessary to exit homelessness. This program is guided by the principles of the Positive Youth Development Approach, Trauma-Informed Care, Stages of Change theory, Motivational Interviewing, Harm Reduction, and Strengths-Based Practices.
The ROSE Team believes in involving youth in their own treatment decisions by utilizing creative engagement strategies and innovative approaches, including meeting youth where they are at and working with them in the community.
• Ability to perform assessments, individual & group counseling, service coordination & referrals
• Competency working within an interdisciplinary treatment team
• At least two years of experience in human services, social work or addiction services, preferably working with at-risk youth
• Knowledge of or experience with co-occurring disorders, trauma, adolescent development, homeless youth and the LGBTQ community
• Familiarity with DSM-V and ASAM criteria preferred.
• Supervisory skills preferred
• CADC I (Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor) or Masters in related field required
• Familiarity with computer documentation and organizational skills essential
• Bilingual – English/Spanish – a plus
Enterprise Sales Specialist
Salary: $10 an hour plus commission
Hours: 20-25 hours per week, flexible hours
Classification: Temporary position, Seasonal
Location: Portland, OR
Are you looking for a unique, rewarding, summer employment experience?
New Avenues for Youth, a Portland Non-Profit organization, owns and operates a screen-printing shop, New Avenues INK, in the NW Pearl District. In addition to providing top-quality screen-printed apparel to local businesses and organizations, this shop provides job training and employment opportunities for foster, at-risk, and homeless youth in New Avenues for Youth’s programs. This summer we are looking to pilot a new sales specialist position to grow our customer base.
Strong commitment to outreach and meeting customer needs, excellent communication skills both interpersonally and in group settings, interest in socially responsible business, well organized. A minimum of two years’ experience in sales.
The Commission Sales Associate will assist in targeted outreach efforts to potential customers of New Avenues for Youth’s screen-printing business, New Avenues INK. The Commission Sales Associate will contact identified targets, communicate about the product and service offering of New Avenues INK, and connect potential customers to New Avenues INK Business Manager.
Residential Supervisor – Transitional Housing Program
Title: Residential Supervisor
Salary Range: $32,500 – $34,500 DOE
Job Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Job Hours: 40 hours per week, evenings and weekends required
Job Location: Portland, OR
Provide independent living skills training, guidance, information and services, within New Avenues’ agency mission and goals, to youth in our transitional housing program. Maintain a safe and supportive multicultural environment for homeless youth. Motivate youth to explore and accept alternatives to street life. Provide supervision of New Avenues’ site based transitional housing program including supervision of staff and residents; implementation of housing programming; oversight of the budget and scheduling of staff.
Supervisory experience required. Master’s degree in counseling, psychology or social work preferred. Bachelor’s degree and understanding of the issues of housing, substance abuse, mental health, trauma, abuse and adolescent development including brain development required. Experience, ability and commitment to working with sexual minority and culturally diverse staff, participants and community. Valid driver’s license required.
PDX-Connect Life Skills Coach – Bilingual Specialization
Job Hours: Full-Time, evenings and weekends required
Salary Range: $28,000-$32,000 DOE
Location: Portland, OR
At New Avenues for Youth our mission is to work in partnership with our community to prevent youth homelessness and provide homeless, youth in foster care and at-risk young people the resources and skills needed to lead healthy, productive lives.
The Life Skills Coach-Bilingual Specialization is responsible for providing case management, skill development, resource brokerage and referral, case coordination and advocacy services to former and current youth in care ranging in age from 16-21.
• Strong command of both the English language
• Experience, ability and commitment to working with sexual minority and culturally diverse staff, participants and community.
• Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work or related field.
• At least 2 years experience working with youth who face multiple barriers.
• Some working knowledge of the foster care system.
• Use of personal vehicle for transporting self and clients for work purposes.
• Ability to work with multicultural staff and youth.
• Valid driver’s license and ability to drive is required.
• Provides case management services to youth who are Spanish-speaking.
• Utilizes traditional and non-traditional methods of education to engage youth in the program and identify school, work and life related goals and plans.
• Administers a range of assessments to determine youth’s current skills and areas of growth.
• Integrates results into a comprehensive transition plan with youth’s input.
• Develops and update this transition plan in a youth-led manner throughout the course of youth participation for each youth on caseload.
• Tracks, documents and evaluates youth participation and progress in these activities and prepare required DHS reports.
• Works with youth support network around transition plan and goals as outlined by the youth.
• Provides support and guidance to help youth expand work readiness skills, post-secondary readiness, and transitional life skills and accomplish identified goals.
Business and Career Development Specialist
Salary Range: $30,000-$33,000 DOE
Hours: 40 hours per week, occasional evenings and weekends
Location: Portland, OR
Are you passionate about helping at-risk and homeless youth build career skills and obtain job opportunities?
At New Avenues for Youth our mission is to work in partnership with our community to prevent youth homelessness and provide homeless and at-risk young people the resources and skills needed to lead healthy, productive lives.
This position will be responsible for establishing and maintaining business and community partnerships, to include our Employee Advisory Board, in order to increase our job training and professional mentoring services and identify opportunities for youth to develop career tracks and obtain living wage employment opportunities.
Key responsibilities include:
• Recruit new business partners for the Employee Advisory Board
• Identify ways to engage and support the Employer Advisory Board
• Recruit new business mentors for the professional mentoring program
• Facilitate individual and group opportunities for youth to develop work readiness skills
• Provide support to youth and employers to facilitate successful job placements
• Provides support, guidance and training to help youth expand work readiness skills and accomplish identified career related goals
• Act as an ambassador, promoting the agency to a wide variety of business partners and Board members, including speaking at public events
• Vocational/educational training and experience working with high-risk populations required
• Ability to effectively work with multicultural staff and youth required
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Bilingual - English/Spanish - preferred