New Avenues for Youth’s array of outcome-based programs are designed to empower youth to exit street life, or to provide them with the tools necessary to avoid landing on the streets in the first place. We are proud of our FY2013 outcomes:
• New Avenues served more than 63,428 meals to homeless and at-risk youth through our drop-in center and transitional housing program.
• Our dedicated case managers provided more than 1,187 hours of counseling collectively
• We provided 6,384 bed nights to youth through our transitional housing program.
• 87% of youth were stable when they exited our case management.
• 75 GED awards and/or post-secondary enrollments were secured by homeless youth in our PAVE job training program.
• 69 paid job opportunities were provided to youth through our social purpose enterprises (social enterprises owned and operated by New Avenues for Youth)
Click here to support our work to end youth homelessness in Portland.