New Avenues for Youth array of outcome-based programs are designed to empower youth to exit street life. We are proud of our FY 2010-2011 outcomes:
• New Avenues served well over 30,000 meals to homeless youth.
• Almost 200 youth received intensive case management and we provided youth with 4,693 individual case management hours.
• We provided over 7,000 bed nights to over 70 youth.
• 92% of the youth that exited our housing program moved to safe/stable housing, 80% of exited youth were still stable at 6months and 82% were still stable at 12 months after exit.
• Our job training program made 142 job placements.
• We served 30 youth through different types of Ben & Jerry’s PartnerShop trainings and 46 youth received work experience through our t-shirt/silk screening micro enterprise.
• 26 youth received their GED awards, 17 youth received Key Bank Scholarships and 207 youth participated in post secondary education (78 of these were new post-secondary enrollments).
Trends in Fiscal Year 2010-2011:
• New Avenues saw a 48% increase in youth accessing Drop In services.
• PAVE participation was up 36% for the year.
• Housing Program outcomes extremely high, particularly in follow up..
• Age continues to trend older.
• Race/ethnicity continues to trend toward increased diversity.