New Avenues for Youth’s continuum of outcome-based programs is designed to empower youth to exit street life, or to prevent youth from landing on the streets in the first place.
We are proud of our FY2014 outcomes:
• Our dedicated staff provided 129 youth with intensive case management support.
• 81% of youth exiting transitional housing were in permanent housing one year later.
• The first Joyce N. Furman Scholarship recipient graduated with a BA from Marylhurst University.
• 210 job and internship placements were achieved by youth in our PAVE job training program.
• 93 paid job opportunities were provided to youth through social enterprises owned and operated by New Avenues for Youth.
• New Avenues volunteers served more than 600 Empower Meals to homeless and at-risk youth through our drop-in center.
Click here to support our work to end youth homelessness in Portland.