New Avenues for Youth’s complete approach to addressing youth homelessness is designed to help young people exit street life and prevent those at-risk of homelessness from experiencing it. Focusing on individual needs and personal goals, our programs position foster, at-risk and homeless youth aged 14-24 to overcome their barriers and realize their potential.
We are proud of our 2013-2014 outcomes:
• Our dedicated staff provided 1,711 hours of counseling and support.
• 92% of youth exited transitional housing into stable housing of their own.
• The first Joyce N. Furman Scholarship recipient graduated with a BA from Marylhurst University.
• 219 job and internship placements were achieved by youth in our PAVE job training program.
• 95 paid job opportunities were provided to youth through social enterprises owned and operated by New Avenues for Youth.
• New Avenues volunteers served more than 600 Empower Meals to homeless and at-risk youth through our Drop-in Center.
Click here to support our work to end youth homelessness in Portland.